Skip to main content


A permit must be sought for the movement of fish within and into the waters of Foyle and Carlingford.

A permit must also be sought for the purpose of artificial propagation of salmon or freshwater fish, scientific research or the improvement of fisheries.

Anyone wishing to remove river bed material from the freshwater portion of any river within the Loughs Agency’s area must also obtain a permit. 





Following the Government’s advice in relation to COVID-19, Loughs Agency has put in place a number of measures to maximise our capacity to continue to deliver our services as best we can.