The work carried out by our volunteers is of enormous benefit to Loughs Agency and the relationships we have with them is based upon trust and mutual respect. Our volunteers can expect to gain a range of useful skills and knowledge that will be of great benefit to them.
Volunteering lets people play a part in their community and can help in:
- learning new skills.
- practicing skills already obtained.
- building confidence.
- discovering new hobbies and interests.
- meeting people/networking.
- including volunteering experience on CV.
- showing employers you can keep regular hours and handle commitment.
- having things to talk about in a job interview.
- getting references.
Other benefits of volunteering include:
- having fun doing something you’ve never tried before.
- a sense of satisfaction and achievement.
- the opportunity to make new friends with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Examples of volunteering opportunities include:
- litter picks.
- habitat restoration.
- helping at events.