Loughs Agency are excited to announce the opening of a photography competition to celebrate the beautiful Foyle and Carlingford catchments and International Year of the Salmon.
The competition has 2 categories, each with a great prize:
– Adult – £150 of vouchers for an on-line camera shop
– Under 18 – £100 of vouchers for an on-line camera shop
Photographs submitted should depict one of the following themes:
– The Atlantic Salmon in celebration of International Year of the Salmon.
– Landscapes and seascapes that have as their subject the river or marine environments within Foyle and Carlingford catchments.
– Wildlife of Foyle and Carlingford that have the river or marine environment as their natural habitat.
- The deadline for entries is 12 noon on Friday 31st January 2020
- Photographs must be entered by e-mail as attachments to email@example.com in the format of a digital jpeg at no more than 20mb.
- Each entry must be accompanied with the following information: first name, surname, email address, entry category, location and photo caption otherwise your entry will not be considered.
- Valid entries will be confirmed within 48 hours.
- The photographs must be taken within the Foyle or Carlingford catchments or sea areas in the 12 months previous to the closing date (31st Jan 2020).
- The competition is open to all photographers within the categories of Adult and Under 18.
- Drone and terrestrial photography is accepted.
- You may enter a maximum of two photographs (black & white or colour)
- Hard copies cannot be accepted.
- Photographers must seek the permission of those people featured in the photograph (or the permission of guardians for photographs of minors) or events/properties before submitting your entry in order to ensure GDPR compliance. By submitting an entry the Agency will assume this permission is in place.
- Photographs must not have been previously published.
- By submitting images the photographer grants Loughs Agency the licence to use/edit /publish/broadcast the photograph in any Agency marketing or other promotional activity including press and other publicity purposes.
- A panel of judges will choose the winning entries. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All winning entries will be notified.
- Any entry/winner in breach of the rules will be withdrawn.
- Loughs Agency staff and their families are not eligible to enter.
Full information and rules can be found here.