Loughs Agency are delighted to be a strategic partner with Derry City and Strabane District Council for the Foyle Maritime Festival.
Loughs Agency along with our delivery partners are offering the public a wide range of activities and spectacles on the water from Canoeing to Yoga on Stand-Up Paddleboards. With over over 1,700 spaces available and tickets from as little as £2 there is plenty of opportunity to get involved on the water.
Far and Wild Food Tours – Culmore Point to Redcastle
A guided canoe trip leaving Culmore Point and finishing at Redcastle with a picnic. (End time depends on how well they paddle.
- Saturday 14th July from 8am (approx. 2-3hr paddle)
- Friday 20th July from 1pm (approx. 2-3hr paddle)
- Saturday 21st July from 2pm (approx. 2-3hr paddle)
- Sunday 22nd July from 3pm (approx. 2-3hr paddle)
Foyle Paddlers Club Canoe Tasters – Marina
Try canoeing with experienced canoe instructors from a local canoe club. Half an hour sessions in a range of types of canoe are offered on a sheltered area of water at the marina – good fun and safe!
- Saturday 14th July 12.00 – 18.00
- Sunday 15th July 12.00 – 18.00
- Friday 20th July 12.00 – 18.00
- Saturday 21st July 12.00 – 17.00
Far and Wild Stand Up Paddle Yoga – Marina
Far and Wild have brought an innovative activity to the festival - fancy taking a traditional yoga class onto the water where your paddle board becomes your yoga mat? No yoga or stand up paddle boarding experience is required, just an open mind and sense of trying something new as we bring this growing trend to the River Foyle.
- Saturday 14th July 15.00, 16.00
- Friday 20th July 14.00, 15.00, 19.30, 20.30
- Saturday 21st July 15.00, 16.00, 19.30, 20.30
- Sunday 22nd July 15.00, 16.00, 17.00, 18.00
Inish Adventures Foyle Safari – Departs and returns to Loughs Agency
Two 12 passenger canoes on guided tours up and downstream of Prehen.
- Saturday 14th July 9.30, 12.30, 15.00
- Sunday 15th July 9.30, 12.30, 15.00
- Wednesday 18th July 9.30, 12.30, 15.00
- Thursday 19th July 9.30, 12.30, 15.00
- Friday 20th July 9.30, 12.30, 15.00
- Saturday 21st July 9.30, 12.30, 15.00
Foyle Paddlers Club Twilight Paddle – Port- Marina - Prehen
This popular festival favourite returns again for another two nights. Deck your canoe and yourself with lights and glow sticks and illuminate the river as part of a large group that receives a great welcome at the marina. A beautiful event and a unique way to experience the river.
- Thursday 19th 19.000 – 20.30 (Port to Marina)
- Thursday 19th 20.30 – 21.30 (Marina to Prehen)
Inish Adventures Sailing Tasters – Marina – 45 minute sailing experiences throughout the day.
- Wednesday 18th00 – 20.00
- Thursday 19th 12.00 – 20.00
- Friday 20th 12.00 – 20.00
- Saturday 21st 12.00 – 20.00
Foyle Maritime Festival Races/Challenges
Foyle Paddlers Club Canoe Race – Marina
- Wednesday 18th July 18.00 – 21.00
City of Derry Boating Club Rowing Race – Prehen/Peace Bridge
- Thursday 19th 30 – 19.30
- Saturday 21st 12.00 – 13.00
Sailing Clubs Punt Race - Culmore Point
- Thursday 19th 19.000 – 20.00
Sailing Clubs Dinghy Race – Marina
Driftwood Canoe Club Canoe Challenge – Marina
- Monday 16th 12.00 – 20.00
- Tuesday 17th 12.00 – 20.00
- Saturday 21ST 18.00 – 21.00
City of Derry Swimming Club Swimming Race – Gillilands/Boom Hall to Marina
- Saturday 21st 14.30 – 16.30
The above activities can be booked via www.foylemaritimefestival.com