SCIENTIFIC OFFICER REF: SO/22/
Temporary – 4 months
Grade: Scientific Officer (SO) / Salary Scale: £28,706 to £29,307 per annum
Applicants must demonstrate that they possess the following criteria by the closing date for applications:
- A primary degree in Fishery Science, Environmental Science, Marine Science, Biological Sciences or another related subject.
- A minimum of 1 years’ post graduate work experience to include all of these areas:
- Fieldwork focused in the aquatic environment,
- Laboratory work focused on water quality analysis.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to keep and maintain records, note books and compile all necessary reports.
- Candidates must hold a full current driving licence (with not more than 6 penalty points) held for a minimum of two years.
Some or all of the following criteria MAY be used in the event of a large number of suitably qualified applications:
- A post graduate degree or equivalent in an Environmental Science area.
- Qualifications related to boat handling and/or safe working in aquatic environment (for example Sea Survival).
- 1 years’ experience of working in both freshwater and marine environments.
Closing date for completed application forms is not later than 1pm on Wednesday 15th June 2022.
Candidate Information Booklet