ASSISTANT SCIENTIFIC OFFICER REF: ASO/22/
Temporary – 4 months (Subject to funding and with a possible extension)
Grade: Assistant Scientific Officer (ASO) / Salary Scale: £22,519 to £23,955 per annum
Applicants must demonstrate that they possess the following criteria, by the closing date for applications. Each essential criteria will be applied.
- 5 GCSEs (Grade A-C) or equivalent including Mathematics, English Language and one Science subject; and
- A total of 12 months demonstrable work experience which includes experience in at least two of these areas (Work experience can include time spent on student placements or post graduate projects):
- Fisheries science;
- Laboratory work / water quality sampling
- Fieldwork in the freshwater environment;
- Fieldwork in the marine environment
- Electrofishing survey; and
3.Candidates must hold a full current driving licence (with not more than 6 penalty points) held for a minimum of two years.
- In the first instance – A degree, or working towards a degree in Fishery Science, Environmental Science, Marine Science, Biological Sciences, Environmental Management or another related subject.
- In the second instance – 2 years’ work experience to include any, or a combination, of these areas:
- Fisheries data analysis;
- Electro-fishing survey;
- Lake fish/ netting survey;
- River habitat monitoring;
- Water quality monitoring;
- Laboratory work
- water quality analysis;
- Equipment calibration;
- Macro-invertebrate analysis.
Closing date for completed application forms is not later than 1pm on Friday 10th June 2022.
Candidate Information Booklet