SENIOR SCIENTIFIC OFFICER – Analytics Lead (INTERREG VA SEA MONITOR)
Temporary Contract to 31st December 2022 (subject to funding with a possible extension)
Grade / Salary: SSO / £38,017 – £41,799 per annum
Applicants must demonstrate that they possess the following criteria, by the closing date for applications. Each essential criteria will be applied.
- A degree AND minimum two years’ research experience.
- A proven track record in initiating, conducting and managing innovative scientific or technology projects and to statistically analyse and interpret the results.
- Evidence of a theoretical and practical knowledge (including demonstrable experience) processing GIS data, geospatial predictive modelling and report writing.
- Experience of publishing in peer reviewed literature.
- Experience managing resources in a research environment (including working and reporting to Project Boards and funders in formal project management structures).
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), including experience of delivering public presentations to academic and stakeholder audiences and ability to communicate complex data/concepts clearly and concisely.
Some or all of the following criteria MAY be used in the event of a large number of suitably qualified applications.
- A MSc qualification in an environmental area.
- Evidence of first authored papers published in peer reviewed journals.
- Familiarity with data acquisition systems, configuration of remote devices and sensor technology.
- Demonstrable experience of scripting and data processing with languages like Python, SQL and R for processing serial data, etc.
- Experience with open source and operating systems (Linux), message queue technologies (e.g., Kafka) and relational database systems
- Specific knowledge and experience of the use of acoustic telemetry for animal tracking.
Closing date for applications is 1pm Friday 18 June 2021.
Candidate Information Booklet