SENIOR TELEMETRY OFFICER – REF: STO/22
Salary Scale: Senior Scientific Officer (SSO) £39,748 – £42,639 per annum
Temporary – 3 years (subject to funding with a possible extension)
Applicants must demonstrate that they possess the following criteria, by the closing date for applications. Each essential criteria will be applied.
- A degree AND minimum two years’ relevant research experience.
- Specific knowledge and demonstrable experience of the use of practical field telemetry for animal tracking.
- A minimum one year’s experience of managing staff and resources in a scientific research environment.
- Evidence of the skills and experience of working in demanding field environments.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), including public presentations and ability to communicate complex data/concepts clearly and concisely.
Some or all of the following criteria MAY be used in the event of a large number of suitably qualified applications.
- Postgraduate qualification in an environmental area.
- Demonstrable experience setting up and using acoustic arrays in marine and/or freshwater environments.
- Evidence of first authored papers in the area of environmental research published in peer reviewed scientific journals.
- Experience with surgical implantation of tags in marine organisms.
Closing date for return of completed application forms is not later than 1pm on Friday 26th August 2022.
Candidate Information Booklet