HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER (REF: HSM/23)
Temporary – 3 years (subject to funding and with a possible extension)
Grade: Deputy Principal / Salary Scale: £39,748 to £42,639 per annum
Applicants must demonstrate that they possess the following criteria, by the closing date for applications:
- A qualification in Occupational Health and Safety at level 5 (or higher) on the QCF Framework.
- Membership of an appropriate Health and Safety professional body at a grade equivalent to GradIOSH or higher.
- Practical experience of operating Health and Safety Management Systems and relevant procedures within a multi-disciplinary organisation.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the last 10 years in the successful management and delivery of Health and Safety services.
- A minimum of 2 years’ managing and leading teams.
- A full current driving licence by the closing date (with not more than 6 penalty points and held for a minimum of 2 years) and access to a form of transport which will permit travel throughout Ireland / Northern Ireland.
Applicants must also possess the following:
- Knowledge and experience of the key issues involved in the management of Health and Safety.
- Experience in making technical judgements and recommendations to ensure the risks associated with the work of the Agency are managed in accordance with defined standards.
- Experience of developing and implementing a Health and Safety Management System appropriate to the needs of the Agency.
- Experience of working with IT based systems for managing Health and Safety.
- Proven experience of working on multiple projects within agreed budgets and to demanding time schedules.
- Have excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Have excellent leadership and management skills.
- Have change management skills and experience.
Some or all of the following criteria MAY be used in the event of a large number of suitably qualified applications:
- Possess an understanding of the factors involved in working and managing Health and Safety in two jurisdictions.
- Knowledge and experience of the key issues involved in the management of Health and Safety within a water-based environment.
Closing date for completed application forms is not later than 1pm on Monday 3rd April 2023
Candidate Information Booklet