HEAD OF SCIENCE – Ref HOS/20
Salary Scale: Principal Scientific Officer (Grade 7) £49,806 to £54,588 per annum
CLOSING DATE: 1PM ON FRIDAY 29th JANUARY 2021
- Minimum 2:1 BSc (Hons) Degree in Fisheries (or other relevant subjects e.g. Environmental Sciences, Biological Sciences, Marine Biology or Zoology) or equivalent qualification;
- 7 years’ post qualification experience gained in the last 10 years in the delivery of fisheries science, or other relevant environmental disciplines;
- 4 years’ experience of effective and engaged leadership of one or more teams in a science based environment;
- 4 years’ experience of initiating or leading innovative scientific studies; and
- Experience of managing and maintaining complex scientific data management systems.
- Masters or PhD in Fisheries or other relevant subjects;
- Experience of fisheries related legislation and legal processes in Northern Ireland and Ireland; and
- Experience of contributing to the management of a laboratory service.
Applicants must complete and return the following: