Assistant Scientific Officer (Temporary) REF: ASO/21
3 vacancies – 26 week contracts – Monday 21st June – Friday 17th December (Dates subject to change) (Subject to funding and with a possible extension)
Applicants must demonstrate that they possess the following criteria, by the closing date for applications. Each essential criteria will be applied.
- 5 GCSEs (Grade A-C) or equivalent including Mathematics, English Language and one Science subject; and
- 6 months work experience in a minimum of two of these areas (i.e. 12 months in total):
- Laboratory/ water quality sampling
- Working in the freshwater environment;
- Electrofishing survey;
- Working in the marine environment, and
- Candidates must hold a full current driving licence (with not more than 6 penalty points) held for a minimum of two years.
Some or all of the following criteria MAY be used in the event of a large number of suitably qualified applications.
- In the first instance – A degree, or working towards a degree in Fishery Science, Environmental Science, Marine Science, Biological Sciences, Environmental Management or another related subject.
- In the second instance – 1 years’ work experience to include any, or a combination, of these areas:
- Fisheries data analysis;
- Electro-fishing survey;
- Lake fish/ netting survey;
- River habitat monitoring;
- Water quality monitoring;
- Laboratory work/ water quality analysis;
- Equipment calibration;
- Macro-invertebrate analysis.
Closing date for applications is 3pm Monday 24th May 2021
Candidate Information Booklet