ASSISTANT SCIENTIFIC OFFICER – REF: TASO/CC/21
Temporary – 3 months (subject to funding and with a possible extension)
Grade / Salary Scale: ASO / £21,370 – £23,483 per annum
Applicants must demonstrate that they possess the following criteria, by the closing date for applications:
- 5 GCSEs (Grade A-C) or equivalent including Mathematics, English Language and one Science subject; and
- 6 months work experience to include a minimum of two of these areas:
- Working in the freshwater environment; and
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to keep and maintain records, note books and compile all necessary reports; and
- Candidates must hold a full current driving licence (with not more than 6 penalty points) held for a minimum of two years.
Some or all of the following criteria MAY be used in the event of a large number of suitably qualified applications:
- In the first instance – A degree, or working towards a degree in Fishery Science, Environmental Science, Marine Science, Biological Sciences, Environmental Management or another related subject.
- In the second instance – 1 years’ work experience to include any, or a combination, of these areas:
- Fisheries data analysis;
- Electrofishing survey;
- Invasive species monitoring;
- River habitat improvements;
- Barriers to fish migration survey;
- Freshwater fish survey netting;
- Water quality Monitoring;
- Working on monitoring / research boats in the marine environment;
- Macroinvertebrate surveys.
Experience can be gained through work or the completion of 3rd level courses.
Closing date for applications is 1pm Friday 11th June 2021
Candidate Information Booklet