The Loughs Agency secured €4m of funding from the European Union INTERREG IVA programme and, between 2011 and 2015, implemented the Marine Tourism and Angling Development project.
The overall aim of this programme was to develop and promote marine tourism, water based leisure activity, angling tourism and recreational angling in the Foyle and Carlingford areas.
The Loughs Agency aim was to:
- Develop boating access infrastructure
- Provide facilities for visitors
- Sensitively deliver environmental education and interpretation
- Raise visitor awareness of the marine environment
- Enhance habitat and develop angling infrastructure
- Develop e-commerce based licensing for the angling sector
This booklet provides a summary of the individual projects within this Marine Tourism and Angling Development Project.
The Loughs Agency would like to thank each of the project partners that helped deliver this successful project:
Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council
Department of Culture, Arts and Leisure
Derry City and Strabane District Council
Donegal County Council
Inland Fisheries Ireland
Louth County Council
Newry, Mourne and Down District Council
To download a copy of the booklet click the image below.