1st March to 15th September
From Loughs Agency or local permit distributors
There are a number of private owners, angling clubs and organisations that issue permits for their own stretches of water.
- The Loughs Agency, 22 Victoria Road, L'derry, BT47 2AB, 028 7134 2100
- Finn Anglers, N&M Tackle, Melmount Road, Sion Mills, Co. Tyrone 028 8167 9966
- Glebe Anglers, Billy Diver, Variety Shop, 5 Castle Place, Strabane 028 7188 3021
- Killygordon Fishery, James McNulty, The Curragh, Killygordon, 00 353 74 91 49321
- Ballybofey & Stranorlar Anglers, Mr. G's Discount Store, Main Street, Ballybofey, 00 353 74 91 32393
- Glenmore Rivers Ltd, Capprey House, Ballybofey, 00 353 74 91 32344
- Cloghan Lodge, Cloghan, 00 353 74 91 33003
Spring salmon: 1st March ~ 31st May;
Grilse and summer salmon: 1st June ~ 20th July
Sea Trout: 1st June ~ 15th August.
Fly-fishing, spinning, bubble, fly and worming.
Float fishing, Shrimps and Prawns are strictly banned.
Best Salmon Flies:
Shrimp patterns with a red/orange/yellow colouring such as Curry's Gold, Ally's Shrimp, Jock Scott shrimp, General Practitioner.
Best Sea Trout Flies:
Watson's Fancy, Donegal Blue, Teal Blue and Silver.
A guide/ghillie can be arranged for almost all of the fishing by enquiring from the permit distributor or National Angling Guide Association (NAGS), www.nationalanglingguides.com
There are a number of hotels, B&Bs and self catering providers in the Finn valley who can be contacted through:
Strabane Tourist Information Centre,
The Alley Arts & Conference Centre, 1a Railway Street, Strabane
Tel. 028 71 38 1335,
Letterkenny Tourist Office,
Neil T. Blaney
Road, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
Tel. 00 353 7491 21160,